New Zealand Happened. Now What?

Yiiiihaaaaa! I am back! And I mean REALLY back... in my place, in my room! 

Though I’ve actually been back for a month and a half already, I finally gathered the courage (or maybe I’m just simply being lazy) to write something on this blog.

It has been an amazing year, starting from June 2025 until today. And honestly, it was so amazing that sometimes it feels like it was all just a dream. Even though I’ve only been back for a month and a half, I somehow feel like my time in New Zealand was SO long ago. I literally had to scroll through my gallery for proof that I was actually there and didn’t just hallucinate the whole thing.

A lot of people suffer from post-NZ syndrome after coming back, but I guess I’m not in that category. I actually thought I would miss it a lot, but surprisingly, I’m not having much of a feeling about it. Which is… weird? I thought I’d be sitting at home dramatically staring out the window, missing the mountains and questioning all my life choices. But nope. Apparently, my brain has decided to move on.

When I came back, I realised I talked a lot about being in NZ. But every time I had the thought of sharing something, I’d tell myself to back off the idea. I don’t know what kind of mindset this is, but I just don’t want people to feel like I’m talking way too much about NZ.

I’m starting to feel that for people who have never experienced what I’ve been through, it can be really hard for them to truly understand what I’m trying to say. So eventually, I just gave up on sharing.

Because these memories are mine, and I treasure them a lot. I don’t really need people to tell me whether what I was doing was right or wrong. I was there. I experienced it. I know what it meant to me. And honestly, that’s enough.

Anyway, now that I’m back to my normal life.

Actually, not really normal, because I’m still unemployed. 

But honestly? I’m enjoying it a lot.

Can we normalise wanting to have a break?

Humans are supposed to live, not just work themselves into the ground. We’re supposed to experience different things in life. So why do people act like not having a job for a certain period of your life is basically going on a death roll?

Why can’t I just want to take a break and breathe after working for almost three years?

I know I haven’t been working for 30 years nonstop like my parents have, but bro… does the length of time really matter THAT much? Is the number of years worked really enough to determine or justify whether someone deserves a break?

Anyway, I do think I’ve changed a lot over the past year.

For one, I don’t really try to defend myself anymore once I’ve determined that the person I’m talking to is stubborn. I just… walk away.

There’s no point arguing with someone who has already made up their mind. I’ve apparently reached the stage of life where I’d rather preserve my peace than win an argument. Character development, I guess.

I think I’m becoming more emotionally stable, but also… more cold-hearted?

I just don’t seem to feel a lot of the emotions that other people portray anymore. I can understand them, but I don’t necessarily feel them.

Except for my dog.

Apparently, that is where all my remaining emotional capacity went. TT

Okay, I have officially reached my daily limit of bullshitting.

We’ll probably continue tomorrow.

Or the day after tomorrow.

Or… more days later.

We’ll see.

Welcome back to my blog, I guess. 




Comments

Popular Posts